To see photos of the Young Writers Contest Ceremony, click here. To automatically scroll through all photos, click on the first image.
The Huntsville Literary Association is pleased to announce the winners in all categories of this year's Young Writers Contest. The contest winners are listed in Young Writers Winners. This listing shows winners in all categories, including the Dorothy Diemer Hendry award winners previously announced.
The Huntsville Literary Association (HLA) is dedicated to promoting and encouraging the literary arts in Alabama’s Tennessee Valley area, HLA offers something for everyone who enjoys the stimulation and creativity offered by books, poems, and plays. Founded by a group of literary enthusiasts in 1967, today's organization sponsors or co-sponsors a spectrum of activities:
- Publication of POEM, the renowned literary magazine
- The Young Writers Contest, short story and poetry contest for area students
- American Shakespeare Center on Tour, performances by a national acting troupe
- Writing workshops, groups for fiction and poetry writers
- Sunday Salons, members enjoy talks by guest authors
- Poetry Out Loud, contest for high school students
- Book Chats, casual discussion groups at members’ homes
- Visiting authors, public talks by noted authors
In addition, several annual social gatherings give members the opportunity to enjoy the literary arts in a relaxed, congenial atmosphere.
New members are always welcome.