HLA's award-winning poet Harry Moore gave the keynote address at the 2015 Young Writers Contest Awards Ceremony. Several people have asked that we publish Harry's remarks, and these can be found by clicking on the above link.
HLA is pleased to announce the winners of our Young Writers Contest. Click the above link to see the contest winners and to view the collection of winning entries.
Also, be sure and checkout the awards ceremony photos and Kay Campbell's nice article here.
Some photos from the awards ceremony can be seen here.
The Huntsville Literary Association (HLA) is dedicated to promoting and encouraging the literary arts in Alabama’s Tennessee Valley area, HLA offers something for everyone who enjoys the stimulation and creativity offered by books, poems, and plays. Founded by a group of literary enthusiasts in 1967, today's organization sponsors or co-sponsors a spectrum of activities:
- Publication of POEM, the renowned literary magazine
- The Young Writers Contest, short story and poetry contest for area students
- American Shakespeare Center on Tour, performances by a national acting troupe
- Writing workshops, groups for fiction and poetry writers
- Sunday Salons, members enjoy talks by guest authors
- Poetry Out Loud, contest for high school students
- Book Chats, casual discussion groups at members’ homes
- Visiting authors, public talks by noted authors
In addition, several annual social gatherings give members the opportunity to enjoy the literary arts in a relaxed, congenial atmosphere.
New members are always welcome.